Ving Tsun Kung Fu School - New Jersey
(Last Modified: 09/01/2018)
Students waive their right to hold Ving Tsun Kung Fu School - New Jersey, its staff, and its students, liable for injuries incurred during classes.
Bruises, scuffs, cuts, soreness, etc. are all part of the learning experience in Ving Tsun and all other martial arts, and it is likely that you will experience some of this during your Ving Tsun career. Please be aware that the school is not held responsible for any injuries and this document acts as a waiver. To better protect yourself, please refer to the Recommended Equipment and Tools page on our website or reach out to Brian Kwong for recommendations on how to stay safe and protected when training. It is in your best interest to make some form of an investment for your own safety and the safety of others.
PRICING AND PAYMENT
All potential new students are entitled to a 3 hour free trial to the system (subject to change). Trials are limited to a one time session on any day where there is a regular class scheduled.
Single Sessions are offered as no-commitment classes for those who cannot attend regularly and cannot commit to being a monthly student. They are a one-time payment and will only be good for the day of the class. Single Sessions are only to be paid on the day of training.
Regular Monthly Students are expected to show up to class regularly on Saturdays and go through their membership cycle every four weeks with the exception of class cancellations. A grace period of 2 weeks is given on top of every monthly tuition payment in case of absences. Membership starts as soon as tuition is paid, and any classes left unused after the 6 week mark since payment date will then be expired. Students are expected to pay prior to starting class, unless if arranged otherwise via Brian Kwong.
Currently Enrolled High School, College, and University Students are given a discount of $45.00 for regular, monthly membership. Enrolled Students will only have to pay $50.00 every month for membership, but are subjected to the same expectations as regular monthly students (please see above). If a student graduates, and decides to continue their training, their total monthly fee will be grandfathered in at a rate of $75.00 monthly. There is no student rate for single sessions.
Private Lessons at Infinity Martial Arts (or any official facility) are done at a standard rate of $50 per lesson. The lessons average about an hour, and are done one-on-one with Brian Kwong unless if an alternate arrangement is made. Private lesson fees at this location are non-negotiable. If paying by single session, the session has an expiration date of one month starting from the date the payment is made. If paying by month, the expiration date for the lessons are 6 weeks after the payment is made. Please be diligent in making sure you attend the private lessons that you schedule.
Private Lessons Off-Premises of any location where classes are regularly provided are done purely by arrangement. Price, availability, duration, expiration, etc. are all up for negotiation for both parties and can be subjected to change with the consent of both parties.
Friday Night Training Sessions are informal training sessions. They are offered exclusively to students who commit to monthly memberships or private training. They are not designed to replace regular class sessions, only to supplement regular training as extra practice time. If a student starts using unofficial training sessions instead of Saturday training for more than 4 weeks, the training session attendance will count against regular classes.
Extended Membership Plans are offered for students who would like to commit for periods longer than a month at a time. Please inquire with Brian Kwong for more information.
Class attendance is cataloged by the school, and students are expected to keep track of their own membership status as well. The school is not responsible for poor attendance, tardiness, or missed classes due to personal reasons. If something comes up, an arrangement must be made with Brian Kwong if there are to be any exceptions to be made anywhere.
Students who start training in Ving Tsun are expected to be committed to the training schedule and diligent in their training. Students are expected to make time for training Ving Tsun, which includes attending classes regularly and training at home or whenever possible.
Students are expected to make their membership payments on time. The school will also notify students when tuition is due.
These policies are in place to be reasonable and flexible with all students of the school, but also because the school continues to run regardless of your attendance. It is in the best interest of all students to abide by these policies for the sake of fairness.
As a student, you agree to the following:
- Abide by the instructor's instruction.
- Brian Kwong is the instructor of the school unless if he has appointed someone to substitute for him. Ving Tsun is a very difficult system to learn and its challenges can make certain aspects of it very slow and daunting. Follow the instructions given to you because they are important to your development. Consideration is taken upon every individual’s skill development in the class before curriculum is assigned.
- Train consistently.
- Regular training and dedication are the only ways to improve your Ving Tsun. There are no shortcuts or secret methods towards improvement other than regular, sustained hard work. Therefore, Ving Tsun must become a part of your lifestyle. It is in your best interest to not waste your own time or the time of the school by failing to train on a regular basis. This system has been sustained not only by legendary fighters, but perfectionists.
- Respect your fellow classmates.
- As a student, you will have senior students and junior students. Both will bring a lot to the table and both will ask a lot from you. Be respectful to these training partners because they may be your greatest asset in class. Treat your classmates like family.
- Respect the facility we train in.
- Infinity MMA and Synergy Martial Arts or any other venue where training is held should be treated as a home. The facilities that we train in should be kept in the same condition as when we entered (if not in a better condition). Students are expected to clean up after themselves and assist in maintenance of training facilities when asked.
- Respect the tools we train with.
- The tools we train with range anywhere from knives/swords, long pole, wooden dummy, punching equipment, and even our training partners. These tools are to be respected and only used as they are intended.
- Train hard and train with no ego.
- There is no point in training a martial art if you are not going to give 100%. This is also a Chinese Martial Art system, it is likely that you're going to experience some pain and injuries on occasion. A lot of our drills also require you hitting your training partners in a controlled manner, and vice versa. There is no place in Ving Tsun for ego. Hitting and getting hit is a very natural part of learning.
- Unauthorized teaching of this system outside of Ving Tsun Kung Fu Association Americas and approved affiliates is strictly forbidden.
- Acceptance or denial of any student is a right reserved exclusively by Brian Kwong. Should Brian Kwong find that there has been a violation to any of these policies, he can choose to terminate membership at any given point.